including capillary pressure in VLE calculations
Miscible injection processes require a thorough understanding of the phase behavior of the fluids involved, i.e. the reservoir fluid and the injection fluid and how these fluids mix during flow through a porous media. MI-PVT is a PVT simulation tool based on state-of-the-art theory and algorithms making it possible to predict the relevant phase behavior of the fluids in a gas injection process.
Capillary pressure can now be included in phase envelope calcuations as well as in PT-flash calculations and simulation of PVT experiments.
A demo version of MI-PVT 3.0 with all available features and a built-in fluid database is available. Please contact us at info(at)tie-tech.com to obtain the demo version (download).
The newest version of MI-PVT, version 3.0 is now available.
The latest version includes:
- Standard cubic EOS
- CPA for associating components (e.g. MeOH, MEG and water)
- Hydrate calculations with CPA
- Multiphase PT flash calculations
- Reservoir fluid characterization
- Calculation of phase envelopes and saturation points
- Simulation of swelling tests
- Fast prediction of Minimum Miscibility Pressures (MMP)
- Indicator for sensitivity to numerical diffusion in finite difference simulations
- Minimum Miscibility Enrichment (MME) simulation tool
- Dispersion-free 1D simulation by the method of characteristics (MOC)
- A fast numerical 1D simulator for visualization of drive mechanism in miscible/near-miscible displacements
- PVT experiments (CME, DDE, CVD and sequential separator test)
- Viscosity calculations (F-theory and LBC)
- Flexible input of experimental data
- Regression of experimental data including MMP data
- A fluid database is included for educational and training purposes
- Database contains 13 reservoir fluids with related PVT experiments.
- The database includes upwards 5000 experimental data points